The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Braska: Catch-up: Visit from the famous LC!

On Tuesday, last week I got the best surprise!  My blog friend LC came to my house!  She's like a superstar in our house, and I couldn't believe she was just right there!  She even brought her Mommy and two grandmas!

"Is that really LC?!?"  I think we felt a little shy at first.LCbraska3

Then she started to grin and be silly. I still wasn't sure about it.
LCbraska4

I showed her my favorite stacking cups. 
LCbraska2

We chatted for a while on the floor.
LCbraska1

And then we tried to be real still so KiKi wouldn't see us.
LCgirls

LC is so cute!! She was all happy and is way better at smiling for pictures than I am.    
LC1
LC2  LC3LC4 LC5

At the end, we took a bunch of pictures of all of us. But LC took one all by herself when she grabbed Mommy's camera.  She's pretty good at that too, don't you think?!
rkLC

You can read on LC's blog about her visit with us. And Mommy did a short story about it too.

Thanks for coming LC!!!  Can't wait to see you next month!!

1 comment:

Momma B said...

Both of the little girls are adorable! The baby has her momma's eye color, even if the Down's gives its own eye shape. I don't know a whole lot about Down's, but there is a little girl who goes to my church with it. She is 12 and pretty highly functioning. I have a hard time understanding her words sometimes, but I usually can figure out what she means!