The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Braska: Catch-up: Visiting Matthew

Wow, we are way behind!  I’m going to try to put up some more pictures and stories this week if Mommy has time to help me.  We have been super busy running all around.  This week might be better, I hope.

A couple weeks ago I went to see my new friend Matthew at his house.  He lives in another town so we took a little trip in the car to get there.  We stopped to see Mommy’s friend Miss Lainie and her baby Sophia before we went to Matthew’s house, too.

When we got there, I had made a messy diaper and it was extra messy, so there was alot of stuff to do right away to get cleaned up. (Sorry Miss Ria!!) But when I got all clean and new clothes on, we had lots of fun!

He has a really neat place to sit and play with balls and all kinds of toys.  I liked it alot.


He is a pretty funny guy!

He liked my glasses, too.  Everyone likes to touch my glasses!


The mommies ordered pizza when it was lunch time.  I helped call.  “Hi, can I have a medium barbecue chicken pizza, please?  Deliver it to Matthew’s house. Thanks.”


We played in the kitchen with lots of his letters on the floor.  We kind of made a big mess in there.  Oh, and Matthew showed me that he has a foot, too.


I’m so glad we got to go play with Matthew and Miss Ria.  Hope we can see them again soon!

1 comment:

Momma B said...

I bet it is nice for you to have Braska play with other kids with DS, but more for you to have the chance to interact with mom's going through the same things as you, more than anything. I am sure she likes to play with kids--any kids, whether they have DS or not. You, on the other hand, can learn and grow, when interacting with a DS mom. I am sure you have a thing or two you could teach a mom with a child with DS as well!(sorry if I am assuming things! that is not my intention.)