The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Possibly a reason to watch NASCAR??

I’m not a NASCAR fan.  I don’t know anything about it other than cars drive around in a circle a million times and people seem to like it.  Personally, I don’t see how that could be exciting, but whatever…if it revs your engine, that’s cool.

BUT—Kelli posted about this interesting tidbit on her blog, Living Life with E’s. (If you haven’t been to see her, go visit. She’s got some cuties for sure!) From Kelli’s post

NASCAR is holding a contest for a special design car to appear in the 2010 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.  A car design promoting Down Syndrome Awareness has been submitted.  How great would that be to see this car speed around the track in front of thousands of people!

I clipped out some pics of the car, which are below.  Someone went to some effort to put this together, and the kiddo on the roof is pretty cute, which never hurts.  You DO NOT need a login to vote, and you can vote here every day for the next 8 days.  Wouldn’t it be kinda cool if we could get the “DS gang” out in force to vote this into reality! Make it a favorite and vote when you log in each morning… not a lot of effort but a fun and effective way to spread awareness.

DScar1 DScar2 dscar3

1 comment:

my family said...

Hi my name is April. Just found your blog through Living..E's. I am glad so many people are blogging about nascar and their new car design. Im not a fan either but how cool would this be? Anyway I posted yesterday and couldnt get pictures up so wanted to let you know I "borrowed" yours. I hope it is not a problem, after all we are raising awareness for our little ones. I would love to follow your blog if you don't mind, you have a sweet little family.
Thanks again,
April