The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas dress-up, part 1

I’ve got so many cute things to wear for Christmas, so we’ve been trying to take pictures to make sure we remember them all.  (Some of these are ‘specially for Miss Karol, but we’ll let all of you see, too.)

Mommy keeps trying to take pictures of me and KiKi together, but we don’t ever look at the camera at the same time.  That makes Mommy growl sometimes. But look how cute we are!


This is a cute sweater that somebody gave me, and there’s little Christmas things on my shirt underneath the sweater too. 

[Oh, and the blue things on my legs are my ther-uh-togs (Theratogs).  Miss J at school helps me learn to walk and get stronger, and she’s letting me use these.  They help me ALOT!  I’m walking better with my walking toy all the time, and sometimes I try to do a step or two myself.  It’s hard work though!!]


This was a present from Miss Karol… isn’t it so cute!  That’s what I always say when Mommy gets my clothes out…”Cute!”
 

1 comment:

Momma B said...

Braska, Braska, Braska aren't you just a doll!?!?