The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas E

The day before Christmas is my favorite, I think.  I love letters, and everyone kept saying that day was Christmas E Day.  Isn’t it cool that Christmas gets its own letter E??  Mommy did tell me that it didn’t mean the same thing, that its suppose to have a V in there too, but I just like the E by itself.

We got to open a present on Christmas E after dinner.  Miss Linda is a really nice lady from Daddy’s work.  Sometimes me and KiKi go to her house to see her and Mr. Gary.  And she got us some Christmas presents! I think that’s super nice!

First I opened mine, and Daddy helped me. 

The box had fishies on it, so I was happy.  Then Daddy told me it was called uh-qwar-ee-um.


It’s a light and little fishies go around and around.  It’s the BEST!!!


There was someone else nice at work who left a card and some money on Daddy’s desk for him to get us a present, but we don’t know who did it.  It was a secret.  So Mommy and Daddy got both of us sisters some things to put on our ears and hear our movies.  This way we can listen to our shows even when they’re listening to other stuff.

First I tried them on. Mommy put a little movie on her computer.


I could hear the music!!


I think I’m gonna like these things!


Then, before we went to bed, Daddy read us the first Christmas story about when Jesus was born. 

1 comment:

Momma B said...

Ooooooooooh Braska, I bet you love being able to watch and listen to things on mommy's computer! It is really neat! My kids like it too, but they recently broke daddy's headphones, so one of them bought him some new ones!