The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Braska: Me ‘n Jack: Testing the playroom

Today Jack is at my house playing while his Mommy and Daddy go to a meeting that’s important.  I’ll tell you some about it soon… it’s great!

So while Jack’s here, we are playing in my new playroom, Mommy says testing it out to see if it’s fun for all three of us.
 

We have been having a good time so far, playing with everything, doing some dancing, and laughing and just being silly.  Then we decided we’d take a break and get a snack while KiKi went to nap early.  She was kind of grouchy and tired, so Mommy let her to go sleep.

Do you see something neat in that picture?  I mean, Jack’s always the coolest thing, but look at me.  I’m holding my spoon for “scoop and bite” which is what I’ve been working on so I don’t need Mommy’s help so much.  I like to do it, but sometimes I can’t quite get it in the right place.  But yogurt is my favorite, so I try really hard!

I gotta go play more now.  Back to the playroom!

No comments: