The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Braska: Parties and more parties

When you go someplace, or when people come to your house, and there’s lots of friends and fun stuff, it’s called a party.  And tomorrow and the next day AND the next day we’re going to have a bunch of parties!  There’s a bunch of my blog friends and Mommy’s mommy friends who are coming to our town to play together all weekend.  (I think there’s some daddies, too, but a few of them might like to go to ball games more than play with us.)

It’s going to be LOTS of fun!  And I’ll show you some pictures while we’re playing, and then we’ll have a whole bunch when it is all done.

Here’s what we’re all going to be wearing… shirts with this on them.
STC2010-closeup

Don’t forget to come back and see pictures of all my friends!!  Have a happy weekend!  I know I will!

No comments: