The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Eunice Kennedy Shriver Day [Disability, Special Olympics]

Special Olympics Image

Today is Eunice Kennedy Shriver Day (EKS Day).  My friend Jen tagged me to help spread the word about this day celebrating Mrs. Shriver and her contribution to the world through Special Olympics and so many other avenues.

I’m in a conference this weekend but I wanted to share a couple links for you to check out…

~~Jen has a post with more info and some great quotes here.

~~More good stuff from Michelle’s post at Big Blueberry Eyes.

~~SpecialOlympics.org has a wonderful spread for EKS Day with many neat links and articles.

No comments: