The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Braska: Party weekend pictures

I can’t believe I forgot to show you more pictures of my fun weekend with all my new friends!!

On Friday night we played at Jack’s grandma’s house.  We were having so much fun that we didn’t really want to stop to take pictures with our mommies.
frinightgroup1

We had neat shirts that we wore, too.  So everyone could tell that we were all together.  Me and Jack wear matching stuff sometimes, but we even let KiKi have one too!
trio1


Saturday morning we went to a different church than ours and played with some fun stuff.  First we played in a room with toys.  Russell was showing me how to put the cars on this one. They went really fast! 


Miss Julie played with Micah. He’s from a place far away that has a really icky football team called Packers.  I say NO Pack, Go Bears!!  But I still like Micah cause he’s super cute and really funny!
juliemicah1

We also got to play on this BIG playground inside the church!  It was SOOOO fun!
playground

See me up in there with Daddy?  I just love to climb, so I played in there the whole time!


Here’s a picture of us after we played.  Some of my friends had already gone home, but this is most of us.  I’m so glad they all got to come and play!
 

More pictures soon!

No comments: