The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Monday, July 28, 2008

End of the therapy saga

Braska's OT and PT have resigned from her team. I think this is really unfortunate, but after hearing from some insiders that I didn't even know I had in my resource pocket (you guys are so sneaky!), it's really for the best all around. They are good therapists and they'll continue to be, but I'm sure we'll find some wonderful new team members.

We've decided to take a break for the month of August since we'll be so busy. We'd actually already debated this, prior to this situation, just due to the chaos of moving and such, so it's fine with me. We'll contine with ST in the meantime. Jocelyn is just a peach of a girl, and Braska actually talked for her a little today!

Thank you to those who had helpful tips and especially to you therapists from near and far who offered a great, supportive perspective. What a great email response!!! I'm glad to know this is an isolated situation. Don't worry... we'll keep showing off our girl's progress and how she gets there!

No comments: