The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Middle of a long day

It's 3:45p, we've been home about 35 minutes. My feet hurt and I'm sore in unfortunate and inconvenient places. BUT the garage sale went pretty well, as they go.

Oh yeah, before I forget ... 11 years ago today, my husband (then someone I'd never met and only had talked to online for 6 days) drove over 28 hours from Montana to Missouri because he "just had" to meet me... time flies. Here's the rest of the story if you missed it last year.

We ended up with a TON of stuff... big stuff, little stuff, junk, real finds, and alot of it sold. Overall, the sale brought in close to $2000 total, most of that going to the brother-in-law who had the furniture and bigger ticket items, but the parents-in-law did awful darn good with their ridiculous tons of DVDs that were a big hit. Me and M did ok, as things go. I think we came home with just shy of $100, plus a car seat for Braska to use for the next 2 years (at least) in Daddy's car as a back-up and the toy that she has been loving that we've borrowed from the PT. I walked up the driveway this morning at 6:30am and couldn't believe it was sitting there. So I snagged it up quickly. Both of these were Trevor's, a friend from the in-laws' church. She and one of her friends had a sale last week, and I got a crazy good bargain on a double stroller. (I've been in denial about needing one... but I dealt with it, and now we have one.)

We had alot of traffic through there, especially for a sale this late in the year. I think it was a success. And not as unpleasant as I thought it might be. It makes a HUGE difference when most of what is there is GOOD stuff, and not just the junk we don't want. Whoda thunk it??

Now I'm trying to rest my feet for a moment, but soon it's shower time for the second time today as we get ready to head to dinner with a couple we've never met. Should be fun. M met him online at a tech-guy kind of web forum... they decided to let the wives come along too. Then, it will be BEDTIME!!! Can't wait...

No comments: