The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

When did October get here?!?

Ok, I get it...today. Right. It's the 1st. But still. How did that happen?!?

Maybe it's because the last 5 months have been just about the busiest of my life so far, but this summer just plain flew. But it's ok. Fall is my favorite. I love the cool weather, the faint smell of fireplaces starting to float through the air, the changing colors (which we'll get to see more of here in MO than back in IL), and the comfy clothes that allow for hiding things. Bring it on!

What does October have in store? Of course, it's Down Syndrome Awareness Month, don't forget. Hmmmmm...what else? Well, we'll celebrate the 11th anniversary of my meeting M and being swept off my feet (give or take a trip and fall here and there...ha!), a family yard sale, there's my brother's 32nd birthday, the (hopefully) confirmation of Pepino's gender, my 35th birthday (what??????), Braska's last month-birthday before she's 2, and my mother-in-law's birthday. Oh, and Halloween. Then there's 2 doctor appointments for me, 2 for Braska, and 17 therapy appointments. I'm sure there are a bunch more fun events....we'll see as we go.

Welcome October!

No comments: