The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Surgee day [Down syndrome, tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, hospital]

Today Mommy’s taking me to the hospital and we’re gonna do surgee.  I’m not sure what that means, but she said she’s going to stay with me while I’m there a few days, so I’m not scared.

This morning, since KiKi and Belle are at Grammy’s, me and Mommy are just hanging around at home and getting ready to go. 

Mommy was yelling for me after I first got up, but I was already helping her take the trash out.


After we got dressed, we had some silly time in the living room while we were watching Sid the Science Kid.  I love Sid!   Mommy was talking mean to her camera because it wasn’t being nice to her.  It wasn’t taking pictures like it was s’posed to do.


I think it’s funny when Mommy talks mean to the camera.


As long as I have one of my cords to bite, I don’t really mind what the camera does. 

Have a fun day.  I’m gonna go get my bags ready.  Maybe I’ll show you pictures of my sleepover room later when I get there.

(Mommy note: We’re to report to the hospital at noon. Surgery this afternoon is to remove tonsils and adenoid.  Recovery is generally pretty rough, but we think this will help her in the long run.  Updates when we can. Prayers appreciated.)

No comments: