The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time to go home [Down syndrome, tonsillectomy, adenoid, surgery]

A little while ago, they said I could go home.  But I had to wait for things to get all done.  So I rested on the couch a little.


Then I waited some more.  I’m tired, you know.   Very tired.


Then my super great nurse, Miss Amy, came to get me all unhooked from my cords and stuff.  She took my cover off my arm and there was all this weird tube and tape on my arm.  Maybe THAT’S why my arm hasn’t felt very good!


She started to take it off, and she did it slow and nice, but it still wasn’t much fun.


Then I had to wait just a second for her to get the rest of it.  Almost done.


Now she’s working on the hurty part.  I really really really don’t like that hurty part.


I tried not to cry as long as I could, but it just hurt too much.  But I only cried a little bit.

(This super sad face is ‘specially for Daddy and Grandma C.  You’re both a little tiny bit mean, you know it.) 

When we came home, we stopped and had lunch with Daddy since he works close to the hospital. Then we came back to our house, and I went right to sleep on the way. 
braskacominghome

No comments: