The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Braska: Getting ready for Idol!

Here at our house we always watch American Idol from the beginning to the end. I like all the music, and Mommy and Daddy like to make guesses on who will win. I love to sing and listen to songs and Mommy has been singing songs to me since I was a tiny baby, so we do songs every day. We're getting ready for Idol to start soon, so we've been singing extra!

Last night, I thought I would do my first movie of singing time. I was in a pretty silly mood and didn't want to be still, but Mommy thought I should let you see anyway.

This is the song I know the best, Jesus Loves Me, but it's not my best showing of it, that's for sure.

And this is my favorite song from my FAVORITE show... Blue's Clues!!! Usually I can say Blue's Clues really nice and show the hands like Steve does, but I didn't feel like it when Mommy got the camera out. But the Mail song is always fun! (Mommy even got a word wrong but I knew my part!)

No comments: