The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Braska: Walkin', babies, and lookin' good

I've been doing more practice with my walker. I like it alot! I even go and tell Mommy that I want to take walks. I tell her "Wa-wa-walk!" But sometimes my PT makes me do it more than I want. Mommy says it's her job and it helps me, but I give her sassy looks anyway. This was from when she came on Thursday.


Here's a movie of me practicing with Daddy. It's a little dark because it was close to bedtime.


I still don't like to sit in my Elmo chair alot, but I do like it to be right next to me. Mommy thinks I'm silly. I just like to sit by him while I'm watching my shows.


Saturday morning we had to get ready for going out and I had a quick bath. I found a little mirror in the tub that I never noticed before. Maybe Mommy will get me a bigger one.


We got dressed and ready. I got to wear a new jacket that my friend Larkin passed on to me after Sophie was too big for it. Thanks Larkin and Sophie!


We went to Auntie Janice's baby shower, or I guess it was really for Baby Xander who will be here soon, next month right after Kinlee's coming. Xander is so lucky! He got a whole bunch of cool stuff!
Shay even got neat presents, too. She's gonna be a big sister like me. Miss Cheryl helped her with her things. Her favorite was an Ariel doll. She LOVES Ariel!


I didn't get a nap before, so I fell asleep and took a long nap while everyone was eating and playing games. It was comfy!


On Sunday, I got to wear a dress that I got last year. I finally got big enough for it! It's pink and soft with little sparkly snowflakes. It even matched my BabyLegs, and they kept me toasty warm for church.

No comments: