The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Braska: Funny words and more walking

Miss J came on Tuesday to see me. We worked on talking about things and asking for things. She brought bubbles again, and I really like bubbles! She asks me what I want, and I like to just tell her the last thing she says. She wants me to pick things, but I just like to say everything that she does! She says we'll keep working on it. But the bubbles! So much fun!



Mommy and Daddy think I'm funny because I've been saying, "Oh yeah!" about alot of things. Here's a little short movie to show you, and it also shows a couple other of my favorite things... cow and horse sounds!


Yesterday, my PT came to see me. We practiced my walking again, and I'm having alot of fun doing it! So last night Mommy and I showed Daddy how good I'm getting. I just wanted to do it over and over. I really like my walker!

(You might want to turn your sound down a little...Mommy gets kind of excited and goofy!)

Pretty soon I'm gonna be going all by myself!

No comments: