The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Growing up numbers

Today Miss Cathy came to see me.  She helps me make sure that I’m eating good healthy things and getting enough cal-lor-ees.  She has one of those silly scales that I have to sit on to see how big I am. 

My new numbers are bigger than I’ve ever been!  The scale said 23 pounds 4 ounces today.  And I was 33 3/4 inches tall!  Woo!  I’m getting bigger!

Mommy says I still got alot of growing to do, but it’s good that I’m trying hard.  My jeans have not been fitting me very well lately because my belly is getting smaller.  (And I don’t really have a belly anyway!)  I even had to change my pants at school today before Mommy left me for the day because my jeans wouldn’t stay up.  Ha!  I had droopy drawers, Mommy said.

Me and KiKi can wear the same pants, but KiKi is a little shorter, so I need my pants to be a little bit longer.  But when we wear our summer clothes, we can wear the same ones.  Isn’t that funny??  I need to get to working harder to grow so KiKi doesn’t get bigger than me real soon!


KiKi did her numbers today, too.  She was 21 pounds and 4 ounces.  And she is 31 inches tall.  So she’s going to catch me soon, I think.  She already has a bigger belly than me.  I think it’s funny when we’re in the bathtub to play on her belly like a drum because it’s kind of big and out there.

We’re getting bigger.  I guess that’s what we’re supposed to do.  But Mommy and Daddy are trying to get smaller, so I don’t know what’s going on with them.  Maybe they want to get little like me and KiKi because we’re so much cuter!

No comments: