The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Post titles

Just a note to the few of you who see posts on this blog primarily instead of on the blogs where they originate. (BraskaBear and JustRK)

Some blog posts will have keywords in brackets in the titles in order to facilitate search engines of a few special types finding them more easily.  So if you see weird titles, that’s why! :o)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Harley said...

Hello, my name is Harley and I am doing a college research paper on Down syndrome. I have followed your blog for a while now and thought i could ask a few questions? First being, I know Braska, is a young, beautiful, smart young girl! And I was just wondering how much slower is she than other kids? Like, how long does it take her to finish a simple task? And if you could give me a few examples that would be awesome! A response would be greatly appreciated, Thank you! :)