The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Windy Weekend, Part 2

On Friday, we got up and went to Aunt Karol’s house.  Me and KiKi played while Mommy and Aunt Karol worked on the computers for some neat things that we’ll tell you about later.

The big kids got home from school early, so we got to do some fun things with them.  We went on a walk to see Laynee’s hee-hee’s.  Well, we went to see them on Thursday, too, and they came right up and bumped into me and everything!!  I was really afraid of them.  And KiKi was too.  But Mommy wanted us to go back again and try to say hello to the horses again. So this time Jade took us over in a fun wagon! 



Moise has his own wheels, so he didn’t ride with us. Isn’t he handsome?! 


Me and KiKi don’t like grass, remember?  It’s itchy and it makes me very upset to touch it or walk on it.  But look at KiKi! She got out of the wagon for a little bit!



I did a little trick, though. I put my hands up and said, “Weeeee!” I was very brave!

I don’t think those horses like me as much as they liked Laynee. They looked at me kind of mean, I think.  It scared me a little…even though they were in their rooms this time.
 

(Mommy note: I want to make clear that Jade was NOT forcing Braska to be miserable of her own accord.  She was actually pleading for the moms to stop terrorizing the child by making her be near the animals for pictures.  Jade’s the nice one, to be sure!)

There’s also a goat there, and it was pretty scary, too.
 
KiKi didn’t get as scared as me, but she still wouldn’t touch it.


Then we got on the bouncy for some silly times.  Jade bounced us nice, and it was really fun!

Here’s a movie of us bouncing with Jade and Moise…


They have fun swings in the back, too, but Mommy forgot to take pictures when we were swinging.
 
And this is Laynee’s tree… 


More pictures coming up!  And they are very special with some fancy dresses!!

No comments: