The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I like it when… [Down syndrome, speech]

We got a really fun book at the library a few weeks ago, and it is my favorite!  I know all the pages and I can even sit and read it by myself when Mommy is busy.  She saw me reading today and thought we could make a movie.  Usually she doesn’t talk to me when I’m reading, but she said this worked a little better to keep me going.  I can take a long time to read a book!

So here’s a little movie…

(Mommy note:  She had just refused a nap, thanks to a 5-minute snooze in the van.  She is a little sloppier than usual, but I think you’ll get the idea…)

There’s two more movies from today, but I’ll show them to you tomorrow. Make sure and come back to see them!

No comments: