The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Windy Weekend: Part 1

Remember when I told you about my long ride and showed you the silliness me and KiKi were having on the bed??  (If you forgot, you can go here.)

Well, we had a really fun weekend with lots of nice people and some new friends.  We went to Aunt Karol and Uncle Jim’s house a bunch, and it was fun every time!! They have lots of kids to play with and some great toys.  I’ve got a LOT of pictures to show you, but I’ll do it a little at a time so you don’t get too tired.

We got there on Thursday and Mommy had to get our things out of the car. Here’s what me and KiKi did when Mommy wasn’t looking.


Then we went to watch Jade run.  She is SO fast!  Uncle Jim and Aunt Karol took us right down by where she was running so I could see really good.  We said, “Go Jade!!!”  (Well, I was thinking it, but there were alot of people around that I didn’t know, so I didn’t say it loud.)  It was REALLY windy the whole time, so Jade had to work super hard to run fast.


We got to meet lots of nice people.  Most of them were brothers or sisters or cousins of somebody.  That is a really big family up there!


When the sun was going away, it got a little chilly, so I put on my warmer shirt that they gave me. This is when the wind was blowing so hard that I almost fell over.  I said, “Whoa!!”


I did lots of walking, too. I’m getting pretty good!


Me and KiKi held on to the fence and watched everyone walking around and all the kids running.    

Can you see what my shirt says???

It’s special for Laynee because she was always the best cheering girl and the prettiest girl at the running games.

We slept alot that night because we were so tired.  That always makes Mommy happy when we sleep good and don’t get her up in the night.  It was a good day!!

Come back to see more pictures and stories tomorrow, because the next day had more fun. (and a little scary parts too I think!)

No comments: