The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Braska: My first nightgown

Last week, it was really nice, warm weather a couple days. We opened up the windows and let the nice wind in the house. Since I didn't need to wear my really warm p-jammies, Mommy let me wear a Blues Clues nightgown that my friend gave me last year. It's like a dress that you can sleep in! Usually I don't get to wear them because I don't like to keep my blanket on at night and it's cold in our house when we sleep. But since it was nice, I got to try it out and I just kept it on because I liked it so much!








My PT showed me, when she came to visit the day before this, how to stand up at the door and see outside to the street.


Since the wind was blowing in nice, I stood there for a long time. (Mommy note: I just think this picture is too sweet...not sure why, but I love it.)


When Mommy wasn't looking, I decided to try to see what the screen felt like on my tongue. I think she caught me, though. She said I shouldn't do it because it was dirty, but I thought it was pretty fun anyway. I like weird stuff on my tongue--as long as it's not food, ya know!



I practiced my walking in my gown too. It's nice not to step on my pants like I usually do!


No comments: