The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Braska: Pre-Preschool Month 3

Today was school again! It's my third month in school, and I am loving it! Last week, Miss A told Mommy that I was a "chatty cathy." I don't know what that means but Mommy says it's about my talking to the teacher and it is a good thing for me to be! Today, Miss A told Mommy how I was saying "popcorn" really loud when Miss A said it first. I really love to go to school! I wish I could go more, but Mommy says I have to wait til I turn 3 for that.

Jack and I were the last ones there today because our mommies went to get coffee while we were at school and then talked to Miss Jocelyn in the hall. She helps both Jack and me learn to talk and sign and stuff like that.

So we waited for them... and waited a few more minutes. But don't worry...they didn't forget us!! I love school!!!

No comments: