The Purpose of this Blog

The goal of this blog is to provide education and bring about higher awareness about Down syndrome. It is to share that life with Down syndrome (DS) is not scary, horrible, or to be feared.

My experience comes from raising my daughter, Nebraska Larae (Braska), born November 2006 with Down syndrome.
The posts on this blog are related in some way to life with DS or disability, and they are reposted here from my other family blogs. There are links to those blogs in the margin on the right side of this blog if you would like to visit them directly.

Thank you for coming by.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Braska: World DS Day and a party

Today is World Down Syndrome Day. Happy DS Day!


We went to a party today at the new DS office. They moved so they invited everyone to come see it.


Jack and his mommy were there too, so we hung out for a while. Daddy says these pictures look like we're watching tennis. I've never seen tennis, but I thought you might get it.






And we snuck in a little smooch too!


We made pictures of our hands that they are gonna put on the walls at the new office.


We even used the same color so they would match. Mine is not nearly as neat as his is, but that's ok.


Here's a better picture of mine. I didn't hold my hand still like I was supposed to. Oops!

I hope you all had a good DS day too!!

No comments: